Did you know that home interior decoration is the most challenging and worthwhile task you can have at home? It cannot be denied that it is everybody's dream to have a home which stands out from other individual's home but young and inexperienced homeowners feel intimidated when asked to decorate their homes, especially without proper guidance from experts. To avoid waste of time, money and effort, one should plan and prepare everything before you start your task. To gain design ideas and to keep abreast with the latest trend in home interior designing and decoration, you can always surf the Internet and read home interior decoration magazines. There are endless choices available for you, make sure to select one which suits your requirements and needs best.
Before you begin your task, you have to follow the do's and don'ts in home interior decoration and designing. Whatever design or style you choose be sure that it is a reflection of your style and personality. You should also consider several elements like comfort, beauty, style, and functionality. If you can afford to hire a professional home interior designer, then hire one because they are well versed in home interior decorating, and they know the ins and outs of home design.
Simple do's and don'ts in home decoration:
- Do identify and know what style you want for a particular area of your homes like the bedroom, living room, kitchen, patio or bathroom. Do you want to have a contemporary style? Do you want to have a traditional style?
- Do combine mix and old furniture fixtures and accessories. You can mix and match old and new items like lights, rugs and furniture pieces. You can combine or match a wrought iron bed with your silk draperies.
- Do choose your style or design, be sure to create one or more focal points in the area. This space is considered the focal point in the room.
- Do combine and use artworks and furnishings which are compatible with each other. Make sure to hang a large frame on a large wall and smaller pieces should be grouped together and hang in the smaller area.
- Do create unity by utilizing the same type of flooring throughout your home.
- Do mix function and style.
- Do harmonize by using the same shades of color. When you have a dark toned wooden table, be sure to select chairs with similar hues.
- Don't forget to choose and include lighting in your task. Be sure to select the right light fixtures because it can accentuate artwork and creates the mood.
- Don't use different colors. If you have traditional classical ambiance, choose accessories and furnishings that never go out of style.
- Don't use bold colors if you want to have a serene aura. Make sure to keep your palette neutral.
It has always been an innate desire of a person with good aesthetics to be conscious and concern about home design. Here are things to keep in mind before finalizing your home design and service providing firm.
Whether you want your house to be on the vintage look, a modern one or trendy keep this in mind that you prefer such firm who is ready to alter conventional design homes along with introducing to new concepts of work. Monotonous bothers many and many people want to create customize look to their home design to give it their signature look. Flexibility in designs is one of the points to be considered when choosing the home building and design firm.
Along with interior designing and decoration do keep in mind that structural design is equally vital. A well-structured, beautifully crafted architect will add beauty to the masterpiece of dreams. Whichever home building and design firm you are opting just go through carefully their building practices and inclusions. Foundation with 25mpa concrete is regarded as the stronger concrete foundation as it allows more pressure within the slab. Many firms compromise this at 20mpawhich although meets minimum industry requirements impair the quality of work. Another industry standard about laying concrete floor over waffle pod is 385mm. This is to ensure stability for the new home but if you find any firm giving you laying on the concrete floor above 385 mm you should go for it as it depicts the greater quality of work. Also, check for wall spacing, many builders are providing 600mm wall spacing but internal wall spacing around 450-500mm is quite good for stability. Always try to look for the firm who is providing standard above minimum industry requirements.
Paint and finishing touch
As colors add meaning to life so is right for choosing the color for home designing. Ragging, sponging, stenciling, and frottage are few examples out of so many available painting techniques. But, whatever painting technique you choose to be distinct and conscious about the finishing touch. Many firms fool their innocent clients by giving 2coats of paint and one bit up instead of the finish coat. However, this is not so quality work providing companies ensure 3coat complete finish touch. There is a noticeable difference when the paint is finally done with the 3coat finish.
Pricing is the key consideration whenever deciding on any firm for home designing. Always research the market. Ask quotations from the companies and suppliers and evaluate them against the services and offers given by them. Many firms make default inclusions of home as upgrades which are like betraying the trust of clients. Market research will enable you to have a sound knowledge of all these things. Don't be too hasty in making your decisions; everything takes time so is selecting a good home building or home designing firm.